Members of Criw Cymraeg have a very important role within the school and are voted for by their classmates. Currently, Criw Cymraeg consists of eight Year 6 pupils and four Year 5 pupils.
Their role is to:
- Motivate and encourage pupils to speak Welsh regularly, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Introduce and organise Welsh games to be played on the yard.
- Be responsible for a central Welsh display.
- Organise competitions for pupils.
- Welcome guests and carry out presentations when required.
- Be a part of Welsh assemblies.
- Help promote the Welsh ethos at Lakeside Primary School.
Check out our video in the Lakeside Videos section of this web site!